The Abysmal Bonfire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abysmal Bonfire

Anything and everything.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jawbreaker & Half Nelson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellysa
Admin
Ellysa

Female Number of posts : 199
Quote : Painted in Passion
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Jawbreaker & Half Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Jawbreaker & Half Nelson   Jawbreaker & Half Nelson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 7:33 pm

Jawbreaker

Okay, so my friend came over this weekend, and she's a movie nut. So she brought me like... eight movies to choose from. And these were the two that I chose. Jawbreaker is lame-o. I was seriously disappointed. It's like a really corny, lame, tacky version of Mean Girls. There are four girls. One dies on accident... so the other three try to cover it up and make it look like she was raped. But then this nobody girl finds out, so they give her a make-over, and make her one of 'them'. But then one of the original girls decides that it's wrong, and she needs to tell someone. And then the nobody girl goes psycho and goes out of control... and yeah, it's pretty much just the downfall and rivalry of all these girls. It's stupid, and lame... and the movie has a bunch of obnoxious fake sounds, and... it looks like a home movie or something.

Stars... uhm, Rose Mcgowen or however you spell her name. The fourth sister from Charmed.

Like a Star @ heaven / Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Half Nelson

Now, THIS movie on the other hand... is on my favorite movies list, now. This movie is so touching. It's such a gorgeous, emotional movie. There's this social teacher, and he's majorly addicted to drugs, and starts to spiral out of control. And his school is in sort of a run-down area... and one of the girls in his class, and who's on the basketball team he coaches, gets pretty friendly with him (not in a creepy way), but at the same time she watches his downfall, and ends up getting herself into some pretty bad stuff, and the pivoting moment is when she ends up selling drugs to him. It's such a touching story, it definitely made me cry, and the work done for the filming of this movie is magnificent. It's really artistic, and totally suits the type of movie. I loved it.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven + a half / Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.sapphireblossom.com/
Paige

Paige

Female Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Jawbreaker & Half Nelson   Jawbreaker & Half Nelson Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:01 am

Jawbreaker was pretty silly. Marilyn Manson was in it as a random guy though, so that was neat. But yeah, it wasn't good at all. I've been meaning to see Half Nelson, I've only heard good things about it.
Back to top Go down
https://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=584656534
Ellysa
Admin
Ellysa

Female Number of posts : 199
Quote : Painted in Passion
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Jawbreaker & Half Nelson   Jawbreaker & Half Nelson Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 1:21 am

Yeahhh Manson... perfect part for him, haha.

But si, you should definitely rent Half Nelson. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.sapphireblossom.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jawbreaker & Half Nelson   Jawbreaker & Half Nelson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jawbreaker & Half Nelson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abysmal Bonfire :: Interests :: Movies-
Jump to: