The Abysmal Bonfire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Abysmal Bonfire

Anything and everything.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ew sunburns.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellysa
Admin
Ellysa

Female Number of posts : 199
Quote : Painted in Passion
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Ew sunburns. Empty
PostSubject: Ew sunburns.   Ew sunburns. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Uhm okay... so I don't know if all of you know.

I got a job working for the City, as a Park'n'Play Senior Camp Leader for the summer. It's a free program run by the city's Community and Neighborhood Services, for kids who can't afford to pay for actual summer camps and stuff like that. We do a lot of stuff... we have a Tummy Tamers truck that comes around to feed the kids at lunch, and the Art Ventures van that drives around to do crafts and such. Lots of special visitors, etc. We have water fights, play TONS of games, do crafts, it's great.

Anywho... I worked Tuesday (Monday was a holiday), Wednesday, went to The Warped Tour Thursday (eight and a half hours outside) and I worked again Friday. I'm pretty sure I got sun stroke... haha. I was pretty sick over the weekend and had a killer headache. I burnt my shoulder, my chest (from Warped) and my forehead... haha. So my forehead started peeling, and my mom gave me a cream to put on it, but I must've had a reaction or I got a chemical burn from it. So it's peeling for the third time in one week... it's GROSS. And now I've got some little burns on my arms, and maybe one on my leg... haha. It's crazy. Even with applying sunscreen twice a day, I'm burning like this. Crazy!!! The one on my forehead is the worst. =( It hurts a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sapphireblossom.com/
Paige

Paige

Female Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Ew sunburns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ew sunburns.   Ew sunburns. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:20 am

Aw, it must be so rewarding to work there! It sounds fun.
But the sunburn must suck...I try to avoid the sun as much as possible sunny But I look like I'm sick or something because I'm so pale..Maybe I'll venture out into sunlight one day.
Anywho, have you tried aloe vera gel? It's pretty nice for sunburns.
Back to top Go down
https://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=584656534
Ellysa
Admin
Ellysa

Female Number of posts : 199
Quote : Painted in Passion
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Ew sunburns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ew sunburns.   Ew sunburns. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:48 am

Yep I definitely have.

Uhm... UPDATE: Most painful sunburn EVER = BACK OF CALVES. Seriously, I've been sunburnt in summers before, but NEVER have I experienced so much freaking pain from them. I'm finding it difficult to even walk.

Paige I was like that too... I'm naturally extremely pale, and often even when I tan, it still tans red-ish. In fact, I rarely tan... it's very difficult for me to. But with so much sun exposure, I'm managing to get a bit of something worked up.

Yeah so, my calves... even just sitting here, are stinging like mad. It kills when I walk. And nothing makes them feel better. I couldn't even get to sleep last night because of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sapphireblossom.com/
Sponsored content

Ew sunburns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ew sunburns.   Ew sunburns. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ew sunburns.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Abysmal Bonfire :: General :: General Chit-Chat-
Jump to: